I thought that breaking up and letting go was the hardest thing anyone would ever have to endure. But I can assure you, nothing will ever measure up to the loss of you.
Your voice still echoes around the cold, empty walls of this room. Your scent still lurks in the corners, seeping out in the cracks, washing over me. Your presence still embraces me in ways that cannot be explained. But I need you, I need your physical self.
I miss your cold touch that would soon become warm after minutes of embrace, your skin pressed up against mine, the touch of your soft lips, the warmth only your smile could provide, the happiness only you could give me.
I've fallen into this routine of messaging you in the morning as soon as I wake, messaging you right before I bed. Calling you because I miss you, staying up with you when you needed to talk because I love you. Now, every time I get the urge to do so, I stop and think twice. Then I remember that you're not here anymore. You're gone now; you're so far away, you're so far out of reach.
You are single-handedly the most amazing thing that has happened to me and I am finding it so incredibly hard to come to terms with all of this. (I don't think ever will.)
You have my heart, mind and soul. I will never forget all the times we have shared. You are so special to me and I am just so incredibly grateful to have been given the chance to meet someone as amazing as you. For everything, I'd like to thank you from every inch of me. We will meet again someday and I cannot wait to see you again. For now, I'll still be waiting for you, loving you, and I always will be.