20.3.13

How do I find the words to make you stay?

For what it's worth, we could have been something amazing. But as cliche as this may all sound, there comes a point in time where you've just got to let go.
You have been NOTHING short of amazing, and I am so fucking thankful for that, and you. But you're not mine, and you were never mine to begin with. You deserve better and so much more.
My heart is fighting to keep you in my life, my mind does and says otherwise. In all honesty, I really don't want to let you go, but I am so bad for you.
So just for now, as we embark on our separate journeys, I hope that one day soon we will cross paths again. Maybe we'll exchange the details of our lives without the awkward smiles and stares, maybe we will remember what it's like to be friends again and maybe, if the stars are lined up the way the wanted them to always be, maybe it'll be us exchanging the details of our lives together, to those who knew us  as two bodies.

(I really don't think I can do this. I just want you in my life.)