I can't understand why. I'm finding it hard to come to terms with what has happened over these last few hours; It has been one hell of an emotional roller coaster. I don't want to accept everything the way it is (because I don't think I can). I've spent the last umpteen hours reminiscing over what's left of us, and only when I managed to fall asleep for the slightest bit, was when it didn't hurt.
You were my first thought this morning, you were my last thought last night. I'm running in circles trying to chase my last moments with you and with every step I take, all the memories just keep slipping away. With whatever I can grasp, it seeps away between my fingers. My heart feels so empty right now and it reduces me tears thinking that this is all that could have been. That this is where we expire and will no longer be able to go back or even start from scratch.
Tell me, is it too late to turn back?