1.11.12

Three years.

What has this come to?
We were so good to each other, we were so good for each other. We picked each other up whenever either of us fell. Simply put, we were just always there for each other no matter how hard times got. I cannot piece together (not sure if it's because I don't want to bring myself to it) what got between us or what happened. When glancing back, it just feels like I'm missing a piece to the jigsaw puzzle. Nothing makes sense. No matter how hard I try, nothing makes sense. I really do hate to admit it, but I miss you every day. And part of me will always hate itself because I let you slip away. I let my stubborn and selfish self get the best of me and now look at where we are. No matter how hard we try to rekindle this friendship, or how much effort we put into this thing we have, it's moot.
After a long fight with myself, everything I have of yours is all put away in a box, along with you and everything that you are. Shame though, it's never really ever that simple. Part of me wishes that it was all as easy as that. But memories seep out and I cannot help but feel its rain. With each drop comes regret, pain and suffering.
I wished things were different between us, we could have had this for life. But I'm here, you're there. That's just how it is.