30.12.12

Equivocal.

We live as one, breathe as one, achieve as one. And yet somehow, we still cannot figure out how we've been doing so for the last umpteen years. Our paths do not coincide but we still manage to walk this parallel road we've built from our morals, beliefs and desires.
Through time, we've come to learn who we are, what we want and succumb to the pinnacle of selfishness. Our priorities preponderate the needs and well-being of the other party and come out the other end with our heads held high, a smile of satisfaction and gratitude, because we've gained the pleasure of walking over something we like to call paramour.
We've spun ourselves a web of broken promises, unspoken words. And the only thing I've got to fall back on is this hallucination of an ideal reality. I soliloquise to myself more than often, more than needed all because of something so damn simple but yet, we cannot even grasp a hold of. We've lost the ability to compromise.
I thought it was better than this. Part of me still believes in the better days and holds onto it ever so dearly. But through everything "endured" lately, this is what I've come to and what I've been able to deduce.  I've lost the person I am through the conflicts I've encountered with you.