14.2.12

Pamper me up because it's expected!

I want flowers, overpriced chocolates, expensive gifts and you have to be a total prince charming to me today. It's valentines day and it just goes against the norm if you aren't and don't do so.

Okay, so is this what society has reduced us to? Valentines day is a day where you are expected to show your love and appreciation for your significant other via materials through the use of some big bucks? In all honesty, you're probably better off showing someone you care everyday and surprise them with little gifts every once in a while. Personally thinking, that's just a whole lot better than the one day where the market increases its prices ten fold and you are inevitably ripped off and "expected" to spoil and shower your loved one (or whatever they are to you, your "valentine") on this particular day. This whole concept of valentines just isn't for me. I think I'd rather spend my day in bed with a book rather than being spoilt bits. (Albeit, I'll probably be devoting my time to unpacking.)